Friday, April 13, 2018, 8:30 am
Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
Supporting Families Impacted by Incarceration
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office of the Regional Health Administrator, Region 4, is hosting a FREE convening on April 13, 2018, from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, for hundreds of families impacted by incarceration at Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive, SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. Stay Connected. Stay Strong! will offer a full-day of empowering these families with the strategies, tools, and resources needed to Stay Connected and to Stay Strong!
- Hear the latest research and data on the impact of incarceration on families and communities in the southeastern United States
- Witness live testimonials from families who are staying strong and connected during incarceration including video from incarcerated family members
- Explore the role of change agents in supporting families impacted by incarceration.
- Discover proven strategies, tools, and resources to help families thrive
- Understand how to reduce the impact on children
- Hear how to support your loved one: legally
- Learn best practices around visitation
- Join a network of change agents who will work together to achieve the best outcomes possible for families impacted by incarceration
- Be part of a regional plan to advance policies, programs, and practices that strengthen families impacted by incarceration in AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, and TN
Registration is now open.