WHEN: November 13 – 14 WHERE: Atlanta, GA
The GSHA promotes public policies that support a strong supportive housing initiative. Our public policy agenda includes:
- Increasing education in Georgia about the need for supportive housing for special demographics, such as vulnerable seniors, Reentry housing, youth housing, and housing for individuals with developmental disabilities and intellectual disabilities.
- Promoting supportive housing programs and tackling stigma.
- Educating legislators and stakeholders about discriminatory zoning laws.
- Advocating with state agency partners for greater development capital for the extremely low income demographic.
- Increasing information for legislators, stakeholders, and the public about the cost–effectiveness of permanent supportive housing.
- Working to ensure Reentry Housing is a key considered part of the Criminal Justice Reform Council.
- Promoting federal and state initiatives that support public education and funding for supportive housing, protect funding for providers, and include supportive housing in health care reform implementation.