Become an advocating member of the NIA:
- SIGN UP to communicate and
- Commit to SHARE COMMUNICATIONS
to grow awareness numbers.
Only you can keep this a movement:
- Participate and show up for actions
- Interact with decision makers to better
inform them and influence their actions
- VOLUNTEER for specific roles and events
with the NIA and its partners
- DONATE whatever you can, whenever you
can and ask other stakeholders to support
this movement with resources
Despite all challenges, there are more people and families impacted by outdated and irresponsible mass incarceration policies than the declining number of people who don’t care. It’s time to stand up, step out and refuse to be silenced any longer.
Continually communicate to your family, friends, former classmates and church members information and links on this website and others. Keep posting on your social media platforms, talking up and sending out SECOND CHANCE FACTS to others. Urge others to pass on new awareness information to their companies and hiring managers.
Check these action links:
- Write a letter to the editor
- Learn about hiring formerly incarcerated job seekers
- Help faith communities get involved
Communicate regularly with your policy makers. Help them to KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Send them short notes and voicemails and links to information on this site and others. Keep them informed about smarter ways to keep thousands more Americans liberated from homelessness, and secure in stable jobs and careers – away from desperate living that breeds more crime.
- Find your state legislators
- Find who represents you in Congress
- And given this pandemic, push harder for compassionate release. It's not a new thing
Keep this a movement… Until INCARCERATION means RESTORATION for all!